A recovery or restore disc is the common term used for media containing a backup of the original factory condition or system at particular state of a computer. A restore disc will help you to restore your system when any problem happens. In Windows 7, there have a inbuilt tool for creating backup. You may require one or more disc for the purpose. If you are interested follow the steps below to create Windows 7 restore disc.
- Go to start -> Control panel, Click on Back up your computer from System and Security category list.
- Now in the new window on the left side you can see a button Create a System image, click on it.
- Now a new window pops. Click on radio button On one or more DVDs , and select the burning Rom. Press next.
- In the new window select the drives to backup and click next.
- Now an confirmation window will appear, click start backup button at the button to start creating restoration disc. Once complete press OK.
Now when a problem hits your system. You need only to insert restoring disc and reboot the system. The you created is an boot-able disc. it will automatically start boot and show an menu.
From the menu select System Image Recovery. Now it start fixing. It will complete with in few minutes.
Update: It is possible to back up the files to some drives of the same computer or to some portable devices like external hard disk pen drives etc. I always prefer to create a recovery disc once my computer is installed. It will reduce my subsequent works. Thus I can save time. When I decide to format my pc, I just take the recovery discs and run them. I don’t want to install applications. All the needed applications will install along with it.