Windows 8 is the proposed name of upcoming operating system by Microsoft. The main feature of windows 8 is metro style interface, supports touchscreen, mouse, keyboard and all older day input devices. Microsoft not yet released the finished version of Windows 8. But it had provided a pre-edition for it user. You can download genuine pre-edition from Microsoft portal. Windows 8 is believed to be fast, fluid and dynamic; the experience has been transformed while keeping the power, flexibility and connectivity of Windows intact.
- Instead of start menu windows 8 have title based start screen.
- Fast launching of apps from a tile-based Start screen with a customization scale-able full-screen view of apps.
- Live tiles notifications to showing your app up-to-date information.
- Fluid, natural switching of running apps.
- ability to snap and re-size an app to the side of the screen.
- Internet Explorer 10 with fully touch-optimized.
- power of hardware-accelerated.
Update: Windows 8 was released on 26 October 2012. It uses an hybrid type kernel. The main feature of windows 8 is that it can run on desktop, laptop, mobile, tablets and game stations. But applications for desktop pc can’t run on mobile devices. And it support screen partitioning. It will help you to run two or more program side by side. It also opens a new world for developers. Similar to android applications, we can develop applications for windows 8. For building applications you need only basic knowledge of programming languages like C, C++, C#, .net and HTML 5 (not required to know all them, only one or two is enough). And for those who buy windows 7 after June 2012 will be eligible for entry promotion. They can shift from windows 7 to windows 8 at a low cost.